Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rough ride on new IS 250
I've just got brand new 2006 Lexus IS 250 automatic couple days ago. I drove about 90 miles so far; and the ride is noticeably rougher than the demo I test drove. My husband feels the same. I took it...
20
20

gas type for '98 ES300?
Can I use regular fuel on a '98 ES 300? I've read that you have to use premium, but I've been told that the engine was made for regular since it's the same as a Camry. What's your opinion? THanks.
4
4

2004 RX330 not developing power to climb hills
Our 2004 RX330 seems to not have enough power to climb even small hills. I know of several other folks that seem to be experiencing this. The dealer indicated a software upgrade was in the works to...
4
4

ES330 STEERING PULLING
CAR PULLS GENTLY, STEADILY, AND CONSTANTLY TO THE LEFT ON THE HIGHWAY. WHILE NOT SERVERE, IT REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON THE WHEEL TO KEEP IT FROM GOING LEFT. WHEN ACCELLERATING, IT DOES NOT SEEM AS...
7
7

LS430 & Winter Driving?
I'm considering buying a 2001 LS430. I'd like to know how the LS430 drives in the winter. The weight balance of the car is very good (47/53) so there's a good amount of weight on the back (unlike many...
13
13

Lexus IS200 v. Benz C200
I am thinking about getting one of the above. Do you think Lexus will be a better choice?This will be a small family car running motorways mostly. Fuel economy and safety are important. ABC Do not...
2
2

RX300 Vibration Thru Steering Wheel Question
Greetings: I took my 2003 RX300 in for its 10,000 mile service on Friday which included a tire rotation. All went well, but when I was driving home I noticed that I could feel more vibration than I...
6
6

Lexus ES300 back window wont roll up?
It is a 1997 Lexus ES300 and all window were working fine. Now all of them rolled up, except for the passenger side back window. It wont even budge. We checked all fuses and everything seems ok. Can...
6
6

SC400 PO171 code driving me nuts
When the cel P0171 came on I took it to the shop, they cleaned the MAF sensos they cleared the codes drove it and the CEL came back on with P0171 code then they replaced the MAF cleaded the codes...
11
11

small block chev. into LS400?
I know this is blasphemy, but I was wondering can this be done without massive fabrication of parts? Is there a aftermarket kit for such a swap? Both being V-8's it seemed reasonable to me. I just...
5
5

ECT Snow Button, RX300
The owners manual and a Google search is vague concerning the function of this on/off button. What exactly does it do? Does it change the point at which the transmission shifts to the next gear?
8
8

Regular gas LS400 ?
Has anyone been using regular gasoline with any success or failures in 90s Lexus LS400? tnx
21
21

Definitive instructions for removing front headrests in Gen 1(F1) Lexus LS400
There is quite a bit of baloney floating out there on how you do this and the service manual is only clear after you have done it or seen it done. Here are the definitive instructions for removing the...

ES 300, Knob under instrument panel
I found what looks like a small knob under the instrument panel right of the steering wheel. There doesn't seem to be a description for it in the manual. Anyone know what it is? It's a '03 ES 300....
1
1

Lexus ES300 - P0420 DTC - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
CEL, TRAC OFF dash lights, car drives fine/like normal October 2016 - Bank 1 Sensor 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Replacement [DENSO 234-9021 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor] November 2016 - Lexus ES300 Catalytic...

99 RX300 Low Idle at Startup
My wife's 99 RX300 sometimes idles very low when started with engine warm. A blip of the throttle generally returns it to the correct idle speed. Seems to happen only when engine is warm. My wife...
4
4

Help with P0345 DTC
Vehicle: 2007 RX-350 I'm getting a P0345 code that my scanner describes as something to do with "Iignition Coil D Primary Secondary Ckt". Yet when I Google the code I get results that say it's a...
1
1

Window wind noise on Lexus ES300?
Dear Experts, This past weekend, I looked at buying a used Lexus from the 1998 to 2000 era. I noticed that the doors don't have a frame for the window. Instead the window rolls up into the car body....
2
2

2000 Lexus ES300 - intermittent cold start problem - help please
On the last occurrence, it did not start after several tries. So, I decided to give it gas while trying to start, which worked. The Interstate Battery (MTP-24F) is new (January 2008). Anyone know what...
12
12

2005 ES 330 Tail Light Problem
Does anyone know if the 05 ES 330 has a recurring tail light problem? Five months ago the tail light warning light came on and I noticed the tail light on the driver's rear trunk lid was out. I...
1
1