Best Rated threads in Lexus Automobilesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fast-blinking turn signal 98 ES300
My left turn signal has just started blinking fast. (Right functions normally) Bulbs are fine, as they seem to light with normal intensity - just faster now. I always thought that indicated a bad...
7
7

RX300 transmission noise when key inserted
When engine is cold and I insert the key, an electrical whirring/whinning noise comes from the transmission pan area. The dealer says it sounds like the transmission "accumualtor" is powering up. They...
2
2

Re: Acura TL vs Lexus ES330
Or go with the Acura RL?......... ;-)

Free: used parts from 1993 SC400
I hate to just throw them away (they're certainly rebuildable), so if you want to pay for the shipping and you can have them. driver side half-shaft axle with cv joints Master cylinder, Power steering...

E-shift behavior with '02 IS300
Why is it that whenever you put an IS300 in 'M' mode for manually shifting gears with the E-shift models, they only gear down to '2'? Also, I've noticed that on extremely cold mornings, mine will only...
2
2

Has anyone driven / seen a 2004 LS430 with Euro Handling?
Has anyone driven / seen a 2004 LS430 with a Euro handling package? Comments, please? Thanks
1
1

Power steering
Can i use stp power steering fluid on my lexus ls400 1993 on the cap it says to use dextron type power steering but on the stp bottle it doesnt say that it is dextron on it so i was just for any help.
2
2

Can someone explain to me bluebook value calculations?
I am considering purchasing a used 1998 ES300. The popular sites such as Edmunds start with a 'base' price and increase that number for each option on the car such as power windows, power door locks,...

RX300 Info needed.
My wife really wants to sit up high while she drives, and we have no need for the older Honda Odyssey van we have now. So I began considering a used RX300. My question is were there any years where...
11
11

LX470 transmission blown. Could engine braking cause this?
I have a 1999 LX470 with 125,000 miles on it. I live on a hill 750ft high and I always use engine braking (rather than brake braking) when going downhill as the LX470 has undersized brakes for such a...
12
12

Slight 'clunking' in LS 400 going over bumps
Is this some kind of worn out a-arm bushing? It's subtle, and doesn't happen on every kind of bump--just sometimes. Anyone else notice this? 73,000 miles on the car.
3
3

LS400 08/1993 Repeated Coolant loss
i have an end 1993 LS400 running in southwest germany. car was always at lexus for service. at 61000 miles the timing belt was changed. now it was very very hot outside, the A/C was used permanently...

Garage door opener will not program LS 430
I have an LS 430 2001, that I cannot get to accept the programming code from the "learning Center" in the new Liftmaster Pro garage door opener. The new opener has a "rolling code." The Lexus manual...
2
2

2005 LS430 Glove Compartment Light Replacement
My wife's glove compartment light in her LS430, has died. As I learned today, as it was in the dealer for oil change, inspection. etc. The story I get from my wife is that apparently, to fix the...
1
1

2002 Lexus SC430 navigation help!
the top bottom tab tab then right tab and got into the service menu. But i made a mistake of selecting a location which made the navigation screen turn into japanese and now it's asking for a dvd and...
6
6

LS400 Running Cold
'90 LS 400, 256,000 miles. Car warms up slowly and the temp gauge only gets up to one notch above its lowest mark. I am located in the Carolinas (around 32F in the AM, 50F in the garage). Also, the...
7
7

Clicking noise on 2003 LS430 brake assembly?
Hi! When I turn my steering wheel nearly complete left or right (or drive a curve), turn down the windows and drive slow I hear a "tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic" noise. Dealer removed left wheel:...
4
4

ES 330 Intermittent Wipers - Broken or Bad Design?
I have a 2004 ES 330. The intermittent wipers either aren't working properly or are very poorly designed. I would rather have the standard intermittent wipers that my 1997 ES had. Another Lexus...
7
7

Clunking noise when releasing brake pedal
Hi there, My new ES330 sometime makes a clunk/thud noise at the front-end when I lift my foot off the brake pedal to move forward after a complete stop. I searched this NG and found people were having...
2
2

RX 300 will not Accelerate
I have a 2000 RX 300 which has been doing very fine until yesterday. I was coasting at about 110km pH when suddenly, the car lost power. It revs on id le but will not accelerate when on the go. I have...
1
1