CDs are stuck in LS430

I tried to eject one CD this morning, and then insert one in its place. The ejection went fine but after the insertion the CD didn't show up as one of the numbers (1,2,3,4,5,6). Then, the entire apparatus got jammed, and none of the CDs will eject. Anyone know how to get them out? tia...

Reply to
LC

Buy a new CD player and kiss the old CDs goodbye as you throw out the old one. Something about the way they make them nowdays ...

Reply to
MCBRUE

While I can't offer any ideas about getting them out, I'm curious about the CDs. I've long been told that home-made CDs with applied labels should never be used in slot-type CD players, as the labels eventually will peel back and jam the player.

Was this the type of CDs you inserted?

Reply to
njbok

I had read you shouldn't use home made CDs in general. I'm using them. I hope the reason is as you stated. I don't put labels on them, I merely write info on the disk itself. I was disappointed that my CD player won't play MP3 CDs. Since my RX330 is a 2004 model with, supposedly, the latest and greatest technology I had hoped MP3s would play. In the meantime I'm using my portable MP3 CD player, plugged into the tape deck and powered through the cigar lighter.

I've contacted a local car stereo place and the tech is researching what he can do to make a permanent MP3 CD installation. I told him I didn't want to replace any of the existing "stuff", just add on.

Reply to
Darrell

Alas, my friend, you are right -- I believe the CD that caused the trouble had a label on it. I play homemade CDs in it all the time, but this was the first time I had a label. No good! I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.

I've long been told that home-made CDs with applied labels should never

Reply to
LC

Anyone who makes (or uses) home made CDs should read this. (It specifically mentions labeled CDs in car stereos, but there's lots of other info):

njbok

The CD changer is repairable, take it to a repair guy or your dealer and you'll get it fixed.

Reply to
Iantos

OT, I know, but if you're willing to splurge a little, some of the newer upper-end inkjet printers have a slot to accomodate CDs, and can print directly onto the disk without the need of labels...I don't know how well the ink shows up on the disc, but it would definitely eliminate jams caused by labels

Reply to
Mike

No. I have a felt tip pen that I write on my audio CDs. I only put labels on MP3 stuff that I play in my flip up single CD MP3 player.

Reply to
Darrell