Check engine light on when engine get hot.

Hi all, I've Lexus ES300 1992 the check engine light on after the engine started get hot. Do you have any ideas what's the problem is. How I fix it. Thank you for your help.

--Wayne

Reply to
ngte4-es300

The cause could be any number of things. The first step is to pull the trouble codes from the computer through the diagnostic connector under the drive's side of the dashboard. With the ignition off, short terminals TE1 and E1 with a wire or paper clip, turn the ignition to the on position without starting the engine, and count the flashes. You will see the check engine light flash a number of times, followed by a pause, then more flashes. As the code cycles, you will see a longer pause and the pattern repeat until all of the codes have been displayed. Post the codes here for more information.

Reply to
Ray O