Dealer promotion to unload 2006 ES 330s

Just got a call from a salesperson at my Lexus dealer. They are hot to trot for us to in come by and check out "the deals on the 2006 ES's." They are trying to unload them because they are introducing a new 2007 ES line with 275 hp that will cost about $7,000 more!!! Does this mean the old ES 330 line in the $32-$36 range is history? We have a 1999 ES

300 in perfect shape (55K miles) and are not really interesting in getting a new one but I'm wondering if they are really going to be striking any decent deals. They said I might be able to get one "pretty close" to the dealer invoice which he said was $32,000, the MSRP....a slight lie....Consumer Reports' New Car Price Service says that my "bottom line" price for the 2006 ES 330 -- before adding packages or options -- should be $28,689. The base MSRP for the model is $32,300 without options/packages. When I purchased our car in 1999 the same dealer said I would get $1,000 off my next Lexus purchase if I came back so I guess that would lower my bottom line to $27,689 before adding any options. Has anyone begun dickering with a dealer on this promotion?? How are the deals? I'm also hoping they'll give me the tradein value for my 1999 (about $10,200).....
Reply to
chapkit5051

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote: I've been negotiating with several Lexus dealers here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The best I've been able to do thus far for an ES330 with wood steering wheel, heated seats, HID headlights, and rear window shade is $32,888.00 including tax, title, and fees. This seems like a good deal. Any opinions?

Reply to
norman.lee

yes, here in ga, we just worked w/ a dealer. The best price you can get is about 32, 500. Each region is a little different, but the price you have sounds about right. In SF Bay Area, they may have to pay a little more for the land, which will acct for the difference.

Reply to
sfsoaps

Actually, you have a damn good deal. My price for pkg level 2 (heated seats, HID headlights, etc) is 32,100 W/O tax, tag, title.

Reply to
sfsoaps

Thanks. Unfortunately, the dealer who offered $32,888 did not have the color combination we wanted.

The second best deal I got (for options package #2) was for $33,266.00 (including tax, title, and fees) and they have the color combination that we liked.

Reply to
norman.lee