Disabling the Nav System Disclaimer on the IS350

I seem to remember hearing somewhere about being able to permanently disable the disclaimer on the Nav System for a Toyota Prius. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, I was searching for a way to prevent the Nav system from disabling the input while in motion:

81042 The post shows how to do it for a 2005 LS430, but I have not yet tried it on a 2006 IS350. In addition, this is only a temporary fix that needs to be done every time you start the car. Is there anything more permanent?

Thanks!

Reply to
Brett

Found out how to enable all the touchscreen features while in motion, but I don't think I'll try it, as it involves snipping a wire:

3739&highlight=watching+movies+driving

Reply to
Brett

3739&highlight=watching+movies+driving Does anyone know how to disable the System Disclaimer on an 04 RX330? I know how to get to the Diagnostic Screen (see below), but I can't find an "Override" button anywhere on that or subsequent screens. Same for the Volume screen. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Here's how to get to the Diagnostic Screen on 04 RX330: Ignition or Acc On Hit "I Agree" at the Disclaimer Press "Display" On the Display Screen press the top left corner, just below the word "Display" Then press the bottom left, just above the Minus Sign Do this three times, then the Service Check mode comes on. Wait a few moments for the diagnostics to complete. There are some interesting screens in this section.

Careful if you do this while driving, be aware that it disables the radio (and maybe the A/C, I can't recall). Also, I know of no way to get out of this Diagnostic mode other than turning off the ignition.

Thanks, Ron L.

Reply to
rlanning