FM reception and sound system on IS 350

Just got '06 IS 350, and love it, BUT... FM reception is lousy. Is there ANY way to replace or improve that junky window diversity antenna? I asked after-market guys and they say the antenna connector is not standard. Can I get an adapter, and install a good external antenna? Dealer won't do anything for me.

It could also be that the receiver is not sensitive enough. I'd change the receiver, but nobody will touch it (including the dealer) cuz it's part of the NAV system. Any ideas here?

The Lexus factory sound is ok, but I'd like to upgrade. I know, I should have gotten the Mark Levinson option. I asked the dealer how much to upgrade now to ML, and they quoted me $12,000 ( LOL !) Any suggestions? I can change to after-market amp and speakers, but nobody will touch the receiver.

I'm getting satellite radio, but I would still like FM sometimes.

Love the car, but the sound system needs work.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
mark

Did you have the rear window tinted?