POOR AM/FM Reception: WHY?

Apparently quite a few 2010 Prius owners get very bad AM/FM reception. Anyone had this problem? What is the fix? I suspect that the antenna is not properly connected or that if there is an antenna amp, it is defective. Ideas, anyone? My dealer switched radios in my car, and it did nothing to help.

Reply to
Scott Seely

I've heard about it on the NHW20 but not the ZVW30 yet. The fix involves dropping the headliner to remove the antenna and clean and dielectric grease up the ground connection.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

Thanks. So far yours is my only reply. BTW, what is a ZVW30? Is that the radio head designation?

Reply to
Scott Seely

No, NHW10, NHW11, NHW20, and ZVW30 are the 4 Prius model numbers. Look at the sticker on your driver's door or door jamb (can't remember which) and it will be listed. A common NHW20 one is NHW20-AHEEBA.

NHW10: 1998-2000, Japan only NHW11: 2001-2003, worldwide compact 4 door sedan. NHW20: 2004-2009, 5 door midsize hatchback ZVW30: 2010-..., same as NHW20

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know