Front head light assy cost for 1990 LS?

My nephew has an older 1990 LS

He is 20 and in college and short on cash

Last night he hit a deer and busted the passenger side headlight out

Any advice on what that costs to replace? Can he do it himself?

Reply to
me

I would think he could do it himself if he is reasonably mechanically inclined.

?action=selectCatalogYearMakeModel&siteid!3983?action=selectCatalogYearMakeModel&siteid!3983

Reply to
Travis Jordan

ok

thanks for the link

And yes it is a 1990 LS400

But ouch! Even if he does it himself the light and housing are almost $200. Correct?

Is this just cause its a Lexus and parts expensive?

Reply to
me

Also.... is the place in link a reputable place to order parts from?

No problems or shady going ons?

Reply to
me

More than $200, correct. Toyota parts are about the same price.

He could try a junkyard...

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Sorry, I've never ordered from them so I don't have any personal experience to report.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I have used

for used parts for a 1990 LS400 without problem. They also can be found on eBay at times.

Reply to
Jerohm