getting the exact paint color?

There are some relatively big chips in the paint of my '98 ES300, and I'm trying to find out what the exact color is. How do I go about doing that? Also, how can I properly fill up those chips so that when I paint them, everything's even?

Thanks.

Reply to
news.prtc.com

Go to a local auto paint store and tell them the year, make, model, and color. Have them mix up a small batch of paint, take it home and spray it on a primered test board. Hold the board up to the car under the appropriate lighting. If you don't like the match, take it back to the store and have them mix up a new one (lighter, darker, more blue, yellow, red, whatever). Repeat until you are satisified with the results.

You'll want to sand down the damaged areas before painting. Ask the auto paint store what they would recommend for a primer coat. And when you are done, don't forget the clearcoat.

Or you could just drive to a local "Cosmetics" touch up shop - or even your local Lexus dealer - and have them do this for you.

Reply to
Travis Jordan