GS300 Door wiring failure

The central locking on my 1994 GS300 failed on the offside rear door. Investigation showed that at least 3 of the wires inside the gaiter at the door hinge had broken, and at least 2 others had cracked insulation.

Is this an isolated fault, or has anyone else had the same problems. I'm slightly concerned that it may present a fire hazard, and haven't looked at the other doors yet.

I had imagined that the cables would have been specc'd for the opening and closing of the door, so am rather disappointed.

Reply to
pfn

I had the same problem on my 1990 Camry. I replaced two wires, but the remaining wires continued to fail. I had to replace the entire wire harness. I don't think there is a fire hazard, but I recommend replacing entire door harness, than fixing each wire.

Reply to
mike