Indash 6 disc Changer Radios

Hello Everyone.

I was looking for people to respond and tell me thier experience with indash cd changers.

Have you had good luck with them? Or do they break often?

Let me know things like the year/model of the car, and if you have had it serviced, what happened?

Thanks

Reply to
Masterson

I've had my '03 LS430 for about a year now, and it has an indash cd changer.

I've had no problems with it or anything else on the car.

My previous car was a '99 LS400, and I had no problems with it's cd changer (a cartridge in the glove box) or anthing else on that car either.

When it comes to problems on Lexus' (Lexi?), my experience has been that it's a VERY boring car. But that's a GOOD thing.......

Helmar Herman

Reply to
Helmar Herman

Do NOT play homemade CDRs that have stick-on 'LABELS'. They tend to jam and get stuck. Otherwise, no other issues.

Reply to
Jerohm

Reply to
New Owner

No problem with my 2002 IS300 indash 6 disc changer.

Reply to
Alexander Mcleod
2001 LS 430 w/ in dash changer had one jam in 50,000 miles, I cleared it myself in about 10 seconds.

-- Pete

Jerohm wrote:

Reply to
Pete

You are a lucky guy. Hope it holds out. (2001 LS 430 Levinson Audio) j

Reply to
Jerohm

My 2000 LS400 has had no changer jams in 50,000 miles. It is sensitive to dirty CD's and I have avoided CD's with paper labels.The new 2004 LS430 changer does not need a magazine any more. A big improvement since it doesn't take up most of the glovebox.

Reply to
Frank Fitzgerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Fitzgerald" Newsgroups: alt.autos.lexus Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 6:10 AM Subject: Re: Indash 6 disc Changer Radios

It is the paper LABELS that CAUSE the jams!!! ... which I THOUGHT I stated in the first post:

Believe me, If you load and (try to) unload enough paper labeled CDRs you are going to have problems. Regular CDs and unlabeled CDRs don't seem to have (any ?) problems.

Reply to
Jerohm

No problems with 2000 ES300 cd changer in glovebox - very good unit; even with homemade cd's.

Reply to
Mail

Mine is currently jammed up with 6 of my discs inside...2002 IS300 Gotta take it in. They better not charge me for this, it's just way to common in this model. They should do a factory recall if they haven't already.

Reply to
Oliver Stevenson