Lexus RX330 - AWD Brakes

Car is in for its 30K servicing. I inadvertantly left my manual in the glove box and need the specs on recommended minimum break pad thickness. Can someone look it up for me and advise? Picking up today, and dont want the rep milking me for repairs I may not need. Seem to remember 1cm being mentioned, but figured someone here would be kind enough to look it up in their manual.

Heard one of the pushy reps in the cubby next to me/my rep pushing a break job on another client, and I want to be informed.

P.S. Had my breaks checked at beginning of summer and was advised I had between 70-75% meat left on them.

Thanks!

Reply to
njvike

The rule of thumb on brake pads is 2 millimeters (not centimeters) minimum pad thickness. They usually start out at 10 or 11 mm. It's easier for me to do the math at 10 mm so, a pad thickness of 10 mm is 100% remaining, 5 mm is 50%, 2 mm is 20%, etc.

If the car has 30,000 miles and you have X% remaining, then you used 1-X% of the lining in the 30,000 miles so you can calculate for yourself how much further you can go to get to 20% remaining. This formula is only valid if the caliper slides are functioning and not stuck and if your driving habits and conditions don't change.

Reply to
Ray O

You're welcome!

Reply to