LS460 (2007) Navigation Override

does anyone have the new key sequence to allow nav destination entries with the car in motion? The 2006 volume button sequence does not work in the

2007 LS
Reply to
Don

What is the Volume Button Sequence? That could make the dratted thing almost usefull. Thanks.

Reply to
mcbrue

I would love to know also.. My 07 ES350 needs the override code also.

Reply to
josh_carter

is there an override sequence for an 05 GS 300 also ??? Regards.

Reply to
Paul Whitehead

I don't believe there is an override sequence for the 5th generation navigation systems.

"Paul Whitehead" wrote in message news:2 snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
Robert

Any new functionality in the 460 nav system??

Reply to
ARAR

Yes, I understand that you can no longer override the in-motion lock out feature.

Reply to
David Z

Very funny...

Here's a specific question: In the "old" nav system, based on a DVD, if you enter a destination this is outside of your area you have to change the area. With a hard drive system, I hope you don't have to do that, and that you can enter a destination anywhere in the country without having to change the area. True?

Reply to
ARAR

sadly-the new LS NAV with HDD-you still have to select the region for the search-but the search is much faster and the screen resolution is comparable to your home computer LCD display

Reply to
Don

yes- to override Lexus and Toyota touch screens NAV in motion ('06 and earlier)-go to the screen that has the volume button. Push the upper left, then lower left each 2x-this will get you to a service screen. Then select the "override" button (hold for several seconds). Then select the back button. Now your passenger will be able to enter destinations or searches ======================"Paul Whitehead" wrote in message news:2 snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
Don

that sequence does not work on my 07 ES350 (I believe I have v 6.1 on my nav).

Reply to
Josh Carter

Thanks for the info Don. just a quick couple of questions though. does this work on the UK GS300 ?? also, could you please guide me to which volume screen you refer to. guess im having a senior moment here. thanks & regards.

Reply to
Paul W

NOTE THE VOLUME SEQUENCE ONLY WORKS ON '06 AND EARLIER (version 5). THE NEW NAVs HAVE A VERSION 6.1 WHICH WE HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT YET ON HOW TO ACCESS THE OVERRIDE BUTTON. The volume button is accessed from the dash "MENU" button. Do a Google search for "Lexus NAV override" for further info- One site even gives you a video.

to override Lexus and Toyota touch screens NAV in motion ('06 and

Reply to
Don

Hint: omit the " " -- keep the three words separated by spaces, or else the search comes up empty.

Reply to
Jay Somerset