New GS model

Does anyone have information on the new GS all wheel drive unit that is to appear in late 2004? Pictures, spec's approx.pricing.....

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sloane

markjen

sorry about that ... this stupid newsreader will often send something prematurely.

.... LA auto show which is happening in the next couple weeks.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

In Dutch unfortunately:

Gr,

MK "Jeff Sloane" schreef in bericht news:wahHb.425463$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

Reply to
Mark Kulk

It looks like a 4-door Porsche.

Pardon while I wipe my drools . . . . . .

Besides the huge rear overhang and the Maxima-style c-pillar (yes, I know the first GS started it, but it looks like a hatchback), I like it. I'm sure it will be fetching $60k+ though.

Reply to
antony

I don't care for it, but I'd bet Lexus will hold pricing to very near current pricing, although I'm sure the optional AWD versions will cost more than the current RWD. The GS is already suffering from competition from below (e.g., the G35) and the new 5-series and E-class have held their prices pretty much the same during the last revision, so the GS is not going to support a higher price point.

Personally, if I were hung up on RWD/AWD, I'd get a G35, and save a bundle over this while having the option to get a manual. If I was Ok with FWD, I'd get the new TL. GS sales are already flat and I don't see this conservative and very evolutionary car helping sales much. I think they've got another IS on their hands.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Is it me or it looks like an avalone from the fron and an acura from behind? And It seems not as wide as curent GS. I am really keeping my fingers crossed until this car arrives at my dealer. I was wating for it to replace my 01 GS... but if its smaller and only 300HP..the all wheel drive feature might not ompansate for that :(

Reply to
nGT

Current info is that only the V6 will be AWD (not clear to me whether std. or optional), while the V8 will remain RWD and 300-hp.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

From what I have seen, only the 6 cyl is AWD. The 430 is only rear drive.

Reply to
Don
245HP vs 300HP difference is $10K also GS300 are lighter and have an AWD....

why would any>From what I have seen, only the 6 cyl is AWD. The 430 is only rear drive.

Reply to
nGT

Looks can be deceiving. If in any case, it looks wider. On spec it's basically the same size as the current gs but the wheelbase has been increased.

Overall, I like the new gs, especially the interior. But I'm disappointed they didn't bump the hp up for the v8... WHY??????????

10K? More like 5K

The 300 won't be lighter with Awd.