New Mercedes Worse than 9yo Lexus

>Excerpts from >
>> >Consumer Reports discovered, after polling its readers, that Mercedes >is the least reliable car brand sold in America. A Mercedes >spokeswoman complained that "there's something wrong with the survey." >In reply, David Champion, CR's head of auto testing, observed that >Mercedes' quality is so bad that a brand new Mercedes SUV is less >reliable than a nine-year-old Lexus LS 400.
Reply to
Max

but, but, ... it IS a "true" luxury automobile!!

;-o

Reply to
Jerohm

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:10:45 GMT, "Jerohm" graced this newsgroup with:

define true luxury automobile? There's little doubt that an LS is a true luxury car. If it isn't, I don't know what your definition is since it would be different than any auto site, auto consumer service or magazine.

Reply to
Max

He was being facetious - making fun of our resident troll, mcbrue.

Reply to
DaveW

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:04:43 -0400, DaveW graced this newsgroup with:

aw crap. Sorry..got all spun up for nothing.

Reply to
Max

He is right. The S Klass Mercedes is a true luxury car and the LS430 is NOT a luxury car. But the MB is not reliable, while the Lexus is. Sure the LS is better than a Neon, but it is built for show, not go. That is, the bits and pieces are all there, all put in it. But they need to open the box and figure out how to make the bits and pieces fit together to work right! The windshield and wiper system alone have at least 5 major flaws. And you can go on and on and on and on from there. But the LS does run and doesn't break - not much so far.

Reply to
mcbrue

luxury car = unreliable car....that's for sure. Just ask any Jaguar/Ferrari/Porsche owners.

Reply to
FKS

Don't forget BMW!

Reply to
BE

I work in automotive and toured the Mercedes plant in Alabama on Tuesday.

I was aware of Mercedes average quality rankings. An article in USA today this week shed some light on the issue. European buyers demand high tech features while american buyers expect performance. The increased technology increases the chance of a failure.

Chip L

Reply to
Chip L

According to the latest JD Power report most new MB are better than the majority of cars on the road. In fact the S-CLass has the least number of problems than any car on the road better than Lexus and the rest.

So who is correct CR or JD Power.

Reply to
kparato