Parking sensors driving me bonkers

430 to lift me up a bit. The car came from an old gentleman, and it has parking and distance sensors at the back, front and sides of the car. The thing is driving me nuts. They must have been set at the maximum sensitive range, because they do not stop beeping . They beep when I drive and there is no one around ( I have already ruled out all other possible sources from the car), they beep when I change lanes; when I pass or I am passed by other cars, they go into an ear splittering frenzy when I park it at a car park with cars to my left and right. I know the sensible thing is to have them disconnected, but I am facing a 3.000 mile trip and I just do not have the time to check it into a dealer´s shop until after that. Any ideas?. Thanks in advance. And while we are at it, what is the legally minimum tread depth on tyres in the US?

I also have a GS430 with the sensors . One of them started going off all the time. I thought there was something wrong with it so I took the car to the dealer and complained about it. The service writer told me that dirt accumulates in the groove around the sensor and to clean it off. Worked like a charm!

You may have an accumulation of dirt on all your sensors that hasn't been cleaned since the car was new. There is a button in the switch box that will let you turn this feature off (at least there is in my car, a 2006).

David

Reply to
David

Turn the sensors off until you are about to park the car. Try cleaning them, as there may be some dirt on them. Snow/ice will also set them off with no obstruction within range.

The minmimum is 2/32 of an inch (about 1.5 mm). All US-sold tires (tyres for you all in UK land ) have "wear bars" molded into the tread to indicate this miniumum legal tread depth. By the time you get down to that little tread, some drivers will already have hydroplaned off the road in the wet. :-(

Reply to
Jay Somerset