PO125 Code

I cleaned the bank 2 oxygen sensor and the PO1153 code went away. Now I have code PO125 Coolant is full. Temperature gauge reads normal. What is this PO125 about? How long do I need to leave the battery disconnected to clear the stored codes? I get one code gone and another pops-up. Something is going on here.

Sluggo

Reply to
Sluggo

P0125 is insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop operation. I believe that the engine has 2 coolant temperature sensors - 1 for the ECM and 1 for the temperature gauge, and the ECM coolant temp sensor or the wiring between the sensor and ECM may be bad.

Are you sure that you have read all of the codes when you scan? There may have been multiple codes stored all along.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, We made sure all the codes were read each time. The AutoZone guy who does the scanning said there has only been one code each time I have broght it there.

How long does the battery need to stay disconnected to clear the codes?

Sluggo

Reply to
Sluggo

The power only has to be disconnected to clear the codes. Although no time is specified, if you want to be on the safe side, wait 1 minute. You can also pull the EFI fuse to clear the codes, it is a lot easier than disconnecting the battery.

Reply to
Ray O