Re: ES300 Time to replace battery?

I don't think you need to put it in yourself. It is pretty simple to do, so all shops that sell car batteries pretty much put them in the car for free.

I think it is time to replace the battery in my 2001 ES300. Needed a > jump start last night (in the rain... why do battery alway fail in > crummy weather?) > > I'm planning on going out to buy a battery (Sear?) and put it in > myself. I'm not a 'car' guy. So are there any pitfalls that I need > to be aware of? > > Will I need a security code for my stereo? just yank and put in new > battery? Simple as that? > > Thanks for the help... > > -- > Posted at author's request, using
interface> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact > author/report abuse> Thread archive: >

Me

Die Hards have gone down in quality? Does Interstate make a battery as big as the big die hard in cranking amps and guarantee? Do they die earlier than the warranty now? I just replace the battery when the guarantee goes out. No worry that way.

And while we are on the subject of batteries, how often should I plan on replacing the battery? Does the LS 430 series generaly give any warning before the battery goes out? Perhaps some sort of slower operating seats or doors not closing properly or the car cranking slowly? I think the brite blue lites on mine are independant of battery operating conditions to a greater degree than the older standard lites so I can't rely on them like I used to with regular lites.

This is an important question to me as one of the keys has already burned out its little battery. Could be because the car was a year old when I got it, so maybe all the batteries are old and decayed and in need of replacement.

Reply to
mcbrue