1995 Lexus LS 400, Steering makes grinding noise.

I have 1995 Lexus LS 400 and have 75000 miles on it. Since last few days, when I insert ignition key, steering makes grinding noise while retracting to my set position. I can retract in/ or out but makes noise when I try to move up position manually. I will appreciate any suggestion for repair. I am very mechanically inclined and do lot of repair myself. Is this can be repair at home or have to take it to dealer?

Reply to
aaaprop

Without hearing the noise, it is difficult to determine its cause. I've noticed that the column cover sometimes makes a rubbing sound when the column is extending, some silicone spray would probably cure it.

Reply to
Ray O

NYLexSC