The Lexus Oily Smell

My wife's 1993 and also her 2000 ES 300s leave her smelling sort of greasy or oily when she comes into the house after driving in it. Does this happen with the other Lexi, particularly the LS 430? Really a turn off, but what can be done about it? Thanks.

Reply to
mcbrue

On 8 Jun 2005 19:31:49 -0700, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

Don't have this problem but it sounds like something in the air ducts/vents. I'd have a reputable shop do a air vent cleaning with something like BG Frigifresh. Not expensive (about $100) and it'll clean and freshen up your a/c system.

Reply to
bounce

Make sure that you don't have an oil leak. Oil drips on to the exhaust and the smell comes into the car. Could be a rear main seal or the valve cover gaskets. Just happened to my 96 es300.

Reply to
T-WILL