Re: Transmission flush vs. drain and fill (was Re: ES 300 servicing: Lexus Dealer vs. Toyota Dealer)

Watch out for those that don't have the right Toyota tools to do the job.

>One of the national chain monkeys tore the transmission/rear differential >plug >on my 88 Camry, >and didn't have a replacement.

I am a store manager for a jiffy lube in Fargo, ND and let me assure you that there are no toyota-specific tools necessary for any type of Toyota rear differential or final drive fluid change service. i have ton LOTS of camry final drive services in my day!

btw, i have a 94 ES 300

Andy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN 11596 Fargo, ND
Reply to
Soma576

It is basically a hex nut, but it looks round when you look at it from the front. Even the new one from Toyota (for a 1988 V6 Camry) looked like the hex sides were slightly rounded at the edges, but I guess that's the way it was designed. I don't have any tool that can really grip this thing, and I can see why one of the national chain guys claimed the nut was torn and that I needed a new one.

Reply to
Iona Camry