Rx300 2001

I have a clicking noise that appears to come from behind an access panel above the passenger's left foot immediately adjacent to the console. When I remove the small panel, I see some metal piping that is very hot to the touch when the car is running. The clicking starts upon startup when the outside air is very hot and lasts for about 5 to 10 minutes...then stops. It does not return until the next time the car is started. Any thoughts as to what is going on here? The sequence is something like click, click, pause, click, click, click, pause, click, pause etc. cheers,

Reply to
Mo, Curly & Larry

Expansion valve for the A/C... turn off the A/C and see if it goes away.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I don't know if this is the same problem as yours, but I have a knocking or "gurgling" noise that appears to come from under the glove compartment. (Also a 2001 RX.) It comes and goes. I took it to the dealer the other day and they say the cause is a defective heater motor. Replacement cost is $436. Oh well, this is the first problem I have had with the RX in 130K km.

canada lexus

Reply to
canadalexus

For what it's worth... I have had the gurgling sound in other vehicles and it has always been coolant low, which allows air into the coolant/heater lines, which creates the sound you hear when the bubbles move through the heater core inside the firewall...

That said, the heater core may be the source of the coolant leak, but I am scratching my head on how a defective heater motor, an electrical part, would create a liquid-based noise...

Reply to
JCS

Gurgling noises from under the glove box could be low coolant. Swishing noises are usually a clogged drain hose.

Reply to
Ray O

Its a clicking noise and turning off the a/c or heater has no effect. It still clicks. Random strings then stops. Starts again every time car is started. Then eventually goes away.//

Reply to
Mo, Curly & Larry