SC400 Undriveable In Snow?

Looking at a '92 with low miles. Just heard they are too skittish in snow. There's a bag of Quickcrete in the trunk, already. (Will it take two bags? )

If so, how does the SC400 handle in rain?

-te-

Reply to
Terry

They are TOTALLY useless in snow WITHOUT snow tires and even they 'can be' iffy. In rain, not quite as much of a challenge, but once again, make sure you have good tires.

Reply to
Jerohm

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

Well, I took it for a drive and found much to worry about with this "good deal" - $7K / 72K miles on a '92 SC400. First: The drivers's door hinge is weak and the door doesn't close easily. Replacement necessary for me. (The passenger's side door hinge is fine.) Next: Brakes weren't very impressive, and I thought I'd read the brakes on these cars were great. Third: The air conditioner seems weak. Fourth: Thought I felt a small, front-end wobble on a hard braking..., could be a ball joint. Fifth: The steering wheel is amazingly marred and worn. I'd have to replace it. Sixth: (And this used to be at the head of the list) The saleslady mentioned when I first started it up that it may need a valve adjustment, "they all need an adjustment at this mileage". If so, it's about 10K miles past the regular valve service. Seventh: Runs good; not great.

A quick chat with a Lexus service manager led me to believe there's at least $4K in repairs. It would have to be a long, cold winter.....

-te-

Reply to
Terry