How is the LS 430 in snow?

So the SC430 is not so hot in snow or rain. How does the LS430 handle in snow and rain with normaly used tires.

Reply to
MCBRUE

I have an '03 LS430 and live in the northeast, where there's pleanty of snow.

The traction control helps a lot, but this is still a heavy rear wheel drive car.

With snow tires (or in my case, Nokian winter rated tires), the car does much better, perhaps as well as a front wheel drive car.

With "Normally used" summer tires, I would expect that the car wouldn't handle very well at all in snow or ice.

HBH

Reply to
BenAndMarsha

i tried my ls430 with stock (new dunlops) in the snow and quickly gave them up. the car would not move - i have a very small incline on my driveway and i could not make it out of my house.

using dunlop m3 winter tires - the only way to get by in this vehicle.

Reply to
Kleviy

I use Dunlop's Winter Sport M3 on my 2004 LS430and it is almost as good as my LX470

Summer wise, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, suberb handling at speed including in the rain and downpours, slightly increased road noise compared to my son's

2005 LS430 w/ standard tires.

Reply to
sc