Selling a GS 430

Is $45,000 too high to ask for a 2003 GS 430 fully loaded? It has about 18K miles and is in excellent condition.

Reply to
Linda

You can get the blue book value on it at

, and
also has a used car value calculator.

Reply to
Kathy Applebaum

Sounds $5K or so optimistic to me - the market is soft with the new model on the horizon.

New ones typically sell for a grand or two over invoice. Equipped like yours, I'd take this price and subtract 15%. This should be close to what you can reasonably expect in a private sale. If trading in, you'll get another couple grand less.

My guess is that will put you in an "ask $42K", take $40K" situation. The books on the net (KBB, Edmunds, NADA) are optimsitic also.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen