Lexus GS 430 screeching brakes

Hi everuybody my brother owns a 2002 85.000 miles GS 430 . The brakes pads are not worn out, and the car has always been serviced at regular intervals. Lately , the brakes screech when being applied, an an independent mechanic puts it down to unbuffeed or unpolished pads, this condition, apparently, not rendering the car at risk when braking. The manual says worn out brake pads screech, but the pads are allright......Anyone out there has a clue, barring taking the car to a dealer?. The noise is quite alarming, like a metal jam session... Thanks.

Reply to
Enrique Quijano

OEM brake pads have a wear indicator on the inner pad. When the inner pad becomes worn, the indicator touches the rotor, making a screeching noise. I would find another competent technician to inspect the pads.

Reply to
Ray O

Certainly sounds like the worn indicator is hitting the rotor/disc...Has he ever changed the pads?

Reply to
dan

ck inside pads in rear ------

Reply to