speedo needle not lit

the speedo needle is not lit on my 92 ES 300. It flashed very briefly when the engine is started and remains off. Anyu suggestions? Unclejh

Reply to
jon how

I HAVE READ THAT YOU CAN EITHER GET GAUGES FROM A JUNKYARD, OR I THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE THAT REPAIRS THEM.

Or just drive with the flow of traffic.

Reply to
Pud Knocker

Relax - it only costs around $600 to get it fixed - needs the whole speedometer insert. Is a well known problem of Lexus.

Reply to
MCBRUE

Common problem. There are a few folks repairing them, although results are mixed. Here is one, and a search will turn up others:

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

I still like my solution though I haven't tried it.

  1. Get access to the needles. For me, this is the hard part.

  1. Very carefully and delicately, paint the needles themselves with a paint that glows in the dark.

You may as well do this on all the needles since they will all go dark eventually.

Why won't this work?

Reply to
RR

Try this.....