the lack of overdrive

I have a '91 Lexus es250. The car has been good to me for the most part in the 5 months i've had it, but I was driving home from school one day and the Overdrive decided to turn off by itself. I turned it back on later on and the light started to blink and turn itself off again. So now i keep the OD off and drive slow. Does anyone know what could possibly be a reason for it to turn off? My mechanic can't tell me anything specific...maybe something to go and look at? Thanks.

Reply to
froggy1562

If the OD off light is blinking, the transmission computer has detected a problem. I would start by pulling transmission trouble codes. Possible problem areas are shift solenoids, speed sensors, and torque converter lockup.

Reply to
Ray O