Timing belt life?

I have '91 LS400 w/70k miles. I cannot find much in the owner's manual regarding timing belt life. At what mileage does Lexus recommend changing the belt? And how much does Lexus or Toyota charge for this service?

thanks MC

Reply to
MCAS NV

I believe they talk about 60K (maybe 90K), but being a non-interference engine, it is worth the risk to wait (especially if you have AAA - free tow - and don't mind a day in the shop). I changed mine (90 LS400) at 120K and there was absolutely no sign of degradation. The cost was approx. $600 - mostly for labor - a few years ago. It is a good thing to think about changing the water pump at the same time.

Reply to
Jerohm