trunk

Hi group,

I have a 2003 ES-300.

I am in the habit of keepong my headlights on. When i turn off the engine the lights in a couple of minutes. But when I open the trunk the lights stay on (wearing down my battery) until I close the trunk.

Is there a settable timer for this? If not, where is the trunk switch so I can disable it altogether.

Thanks.

Reply to
Alan Spitz

Why don't you just turn off the headlights? Or is that too simple?

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Reply to
Larry

Same thing happens if you leave a door open. The assumption is that you are still doing things that might require external lighting.

Reply to
Jay Somerset

Hmmm ... quite a problem .... maybe sit in the car until the lights go off .... or turn the lights off .... or get out and wait for the lights to go out before you open the trunk ... but the real question is why you need to get into the trunk every time you shut the car off. Has the FBI cleared you of terrorist intent? Do you have dead bodies you need to dump out of the trunk? Do you live in the trunk? The old saying that you can live in a car but not drive a house may be coming into play here I guess, and the ES trunk is bigger than an LS trunk. Or perhaps you have a crop of recreational plants growing in the trunk with a grow light which takes a lot of juice from the battery anyway. Or maybe it is a big keg of beer in the trunk. How would you disguise the smell if it is a still? Gad ... the possibilities are mind boggling. Please do let us know why the trunk must be opened each time the car is shut off.

Reply to
mcbrue

Recreational plants...... Hummmm! Maybe that Kudzu needs trimming each time he gets out. It does grow pretty fast, ya know.