05 ford fiesta steering problem

steering problem with the fiesta, when turning and braking in low gears the steering becomes locked for a few seconds and then goes back to normal, garage replaced front discs and pads, problem persists intermittantly... any ideas?

Reply to
robjhiggins

steering column universal joint knackered (very common and very cheap to fix)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

id second that, done a few of them in my time, but im surprised on an 05 car !

Reply to
reg

I didn't take in the 05, if it is so new then take it back to the dealer.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful