1.25Zetc slight hesitation

Well the replacement engine is fantastic.

Reply to
Tony Brett

Sounds a bit like a slightly gummed-up EGR valve to me. It's a fairly common problem - probably the easiest thing to do is to try blanking it off. Loosen the EGR valve and make your own blanking plate to slip into the joint (to blank the gas flow). Last time I did it, I just cut out part of an empty beer can. Tighten it back up again and see if it's made any difference.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

How recent are the HT leads?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Same as as the engine I guess. That means 11 years. But the sparks are all fine and the leads are pretty well enclosed and protected on that engine.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

HT leads are consumables on all modern Ford engines. Replace them with OEM / Bosch / Bougiecord, and clean the coil pack whilst you are at it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Absolutely agree, the voltages in the modern system are enormous and the leads do seem to literally wear out. A recent case in point, an S reg escort came in with all sorts of misfiring under load (the plugs were less than a year old platinums so I discounted them), first I cleaned the coil pack and the leads which gave no change I could detect, I then put on 60 quids worth of plug leads and it was transformed, the old (original from new) leads looked fine visually, but must have been leaking sparks somewhere.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful