11 months Road Tax?

Help me work this out guys, my brian is weak after a morning getting my campervan MOT'ed. (Passed and no advisories). Its been off the road and SORN'ed and as soon as it passed I went to the post office and got 12 months tax. I've just checked the

site and it tells me the "date of liability" is 01 05 2009. Is that correct? I thought it would be the 1st June 09? I know I've lost a few days of June and had to pay from the start of June, but 12 months including June, also covers me for the whole of May. Surely the day my tax runs out is midnight on 31 May 2009, not the 1st of May.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

A tax bought today should run out at the end of MAY.

as you bought from a post office then they have probably just picked up the wrong book of discs.

Take it back and complain (15 quids worth after all), or forget it.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Just checked the actual tax disc and it says 31/05/09, so that is all ok. Odd the vehcile licence site says liability from 01/05/09.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

That is only updated on a strange basis, sometimes a date will change from, for instance: sorn starts 26th, after a month or so it will change to give it an end of month date instead.

The important thing is that you have MoT, a valid tax which is also on the DVLA/ANPR system and that the vehicle shows up on the askmid insurance database

With those three the chances of getting stopped are much better, mind you I have never been stopped in my camper, they are a bit anonymous as far as plod are concerned.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Hey, I'm very grateful to you, for telling me about

Ever since ANPR has been used, I've been nervous when I changing policy on my car to a new company, which is most years, in case it has not been updated. I've ended up carrying a copy of the old and new documnets arounds in case I got a pull. Being able to check with askmid will give much more peace of mind. Thank You. Just checked my campervan and it all shows ok, as it should as its been with the same firm for 6 years, even though its been off road. Insurance was kept running in case of theft or damage while on drive.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

"Welease Bwian!!"