1997 E38 BMW 7 series parking brake operation

Hi. A really basic question. I had to shift a 1997 BMW 7 series. I figured out that the parking brake is released by pulling the knob/handle on the ri ght hand side of the steering wheel, at the bottom of the dash. My question is: how do you put it on again?

It doesn't really matter because I left the car in Park, but I would like t o know how to apply the parking brake when leaving the car parked and when using it (lights, roundabouts etc.).

Anyone know? Cheers.

Terry.

Reply to
terry.shitcrumbs

Is there something in the footwell that looks a bit like a clutch pedal? If so then press it.

Reply to
The Other Mike