2001 Ford Focus Cooling

Hi All,
I could be well off here, but in my 2001 Ford Focus, the engine temp seems
to go up a little, then down a little, up then down, even on motorway runs.
In traffic it sometimes gets halfway up, though I've not seen it go past
this.
Just wondering is there a problem with the thermostat, as other cars I've
driven seem to warm up to halfway generally and stick there when alls well.
Does it sound like a thermostat? If so, how much for the part, and what
could happen if I don't change it?
Cheers
Reply to
Dr. Compynei
The temp gauge is actually ECU controlled and should move progressively up to bang on half way no matter what the car is doing.
I would agree its not right, and first port of call would be change the thermostat and flush cooling system.
Tim..
Reply to
Tim..

Site Timeline Threads