VW keys: retrieving your SKC code?

Does anyone on here have a copy of VAG-Tacho or any other tool capable of retrieving the SKC (secret key code) from my T4? I have VAG-COM and so I can code the new keys to the vehicle, but if only I had the SKC code. I believe this is only the older 4-digit code as it is a '97/98 vehicle with the passive transponder in the key. VW are obviously no use at all. Thanks, JB

Reply to
JB

you might have a problem there as main dealers use the GEKO system, they connect the car up to it which then dials out to the main database in Germany & downloads the code, its to combat fraud ect as the technician dosnt even get to see the code, we have a golf in the workshop at the mo, the customer has lost all his keys to it & VW wont realise any info as regards to re-coding new keys to the immobilser without log book info ect.

read here for a further explanation on SKC codes, might help you

reg

JB

Reply to
JB