2002 Corsa Air-Con Help

I've got another thread running with this but I thought I'd start fresh

The Aircon Compressor spins freely by hand but clutch wont engage very probably because the 'low pressure switch' has cut in.

Got an expensive can of re-charge refrigerant with a nifty gauge but I can't get anything into the system until the compressor is running, so it's catch 22

I've read and been advised I can temporarilly jumper the wires to the clutch bypassing the LP switch so it engages, spins up and I can squirt the new refrigerant into the system.

I want to check a few specifics though before I go and balls it up

I've got 2 wires to the compressor and if I turn the aircon on and stick a multi meter on them I get a 12v circuit (so one wire poz and one is neg).

Am I meant to jumper the pos over to the neg?

Is the neg wire only neg until it gets a poz and it triggers the clutch?

If I've got a poz on one of the wires wire does that discount the idea of it being the LP cut out?

Any advice would be a big help

PJ

Reply to
ProducerPJ

just put 12v across the two and the clutch will come in.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

When I had the AC on my Vectra charged, they used a vacuum pump first to purge the system of air and then re-filled, maybe this is what you have to do? Gordon

Reply to
gordonpuk

When I had the AC on my Vectra charged, they used a vacuum pump first to purge the system of air and then re-filled, maybe this is what you have to do? Gordon

Reply to
gordonpuk

he/she/it has already been told this.

mrcheerful