Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Very OT. Christmas Games
like it ought to be a "hit" on this newsgroup -- Malc

GM180 auto box problem maybe Dave Plowman has an idea?
Now this is a long shot: I have owned for many years a CF180 diesel with an auto box, it was originally a gas board city installation van, nowadays it is in a camper van. The vacuum for the gearbox...
13
13

Vauxhall cavalier Vehicle Speed Sensor
The ECU fault light on our 1994 cavalier (X20XEV engine) has been coming on frequently of late. When I diagnose it I find fault code 24, which according to a list I found on the internet translates to...
2
2

Checking charging system
My car's playing up a bit - seems that either the battery's not got enough charge in it, or the alternator's not producing enough juice straight after starting, and it can cough and splutter a bit if...
4
4

Electrical wiring diagram 1996 ford escort LX TD
Hi a looking for wiring diagram for the boot opening circuit. I have changed the switch but the solinoed to the boot lock remains energized. There mut be relay however it is not shown in the Haynes...

oil leak
ive got an oil leak on my 96 escort ive checked it and it is coming from what i would call the oil filter housing but i just want to know the proper name. its just behind where the oil filter screws...
3
3

Re: THIS IS MOHAMMED 25
Taken from The Daily Telegraph 26th November 2007 - "Thomas the Tank Engine to gain Muslim friend. Much loved children's book and television character Thomas the Tank Engine is to gain a Muslim friend...
1
1

Leaving cars Unattended for Long Periods
We plan to be abroad for 3 months starting soon. We have a Mazda MX5 and a Renault Megane which we plan to leave sitting in the drive for that time. Anyone see any particular problems with that (from...
71
71

Mot for an old car
Hi, What would this car be tested on?
4
4

Guidance on tensioning a cam belt on H reg Clio
Hi, I have an H Reg Renault Clio with 103k on the clock (Engine type E7F700) and it is due another cam belt change. This time I would like to try it myself as I feel it is a skill that will stand me...
7
7

Removed Citroen roof bars.
Useless Citroen dealers. The first one I rang said the keys were not available, but if I cared to bring the van in, one of their engineers might have "something in his toolbox" that could remove them....
4
4

Adjusting Citroen C5 headlights
Can the headlights be adjusted and if so where's the adjustment screw? I have one headlight too high and just tried to adjust it, but couldn't find anything to adjust. Googling, the only reference I...
3
3

Honda Civic front wing
Hi, Does anyone know if the front wings of 51-plate Civics are bolt-on? Are they any harder to change that, say, a Cavalier? (A colleague has bent his). Cheers, Iain
1
1

Pug 406 keys update
SWMBO took the car to a very, very nice man in Malvern called Terry Elite Service Centre 99 Barnards Green Road Malvern Worcestershire WR14 3LT He managed to do the job in about half an hour or so and...

Registration Light
The small light that illuminates the rear reg plate has gone. Well one of the two has. Its on an espace and I dont know how to get to it. Is it from the inside or out and is it an east fix? Thanks...
2
2