406 hdi engine auto diagnostic light

My 2000 110 hdi 120000 miles has today started displying the engine auto diagnostic warning light (orange light that looks like engine)which stays on whilst engine running.

Anyone got any ideas what to check for?

Thanks

Rob J

Reply to
Rob Jones

You need to get it plugged into a computer.

Reply to
Conor

First place to look would be the glove box.

Reply to
SimonJ

Rob J

Reply to
Rob Jones

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Rob Jones" saying something like:

Might be anything. Stick a piece of black tape over it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Without a scanner you cannot be sure, I have just bought a £4000 Snap-on Solus because i'm fed up with guessing.

Reply to
Fred

Hopefully it will contain the owners manual, which will tell you what the light means, and what you should do when it is lit.

Reply to
SimonJ