Mondeo engine warning light

Hi My Mondeo engine warning light stays on, anyone got any ideas what it could be that I might be able to fix before I go through the expense of getting it checked at Fords?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ignition warning light? Could be a snapped fanbelt or a buggered alternator or even a wire off the alternator

Reply to
Grommit

The engine.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Might be the warning light ;-)

Al.

Reply to
Al

The reason you're getting these sarky responses is that you haven't told us which light it is that is coming on - there is no such thing as an engine warning light, but there is an ignition warning and a oil pressure warning and some other warnings as well such as brake, etc.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Wos this light wiv a picture of an engine then?

Reply to
<me

Most likely he means the Engine Management Warning lamp.

But could be pretty much anything.

Reply to
moray

Also try disconnecting the negative lead of the battery for 5 to 10 minutes and see whether the problem returns. Note you may need to have your radio codes handy if you do this.

Could be anything really. My last instance of this (different car) was a duff oxygen sensor. Usually illuminated Engine Management light = £££ :(

A Gunson's fault code reader (around 20 quid at Halfords) may be able to to diagnose the problem. This would be a lot cheaper than the standard 1 hour labour charge which I believe Ford levies for investigation. Alternately a local garage (or mobile mechanic) should be able to read the fault codes for a lot less than a MD.

Reply to
Trust No One®