Engine fault light on Citroen 1.6 HDI

Hi

My wife has a Citroen Picasso 1.6 HDi diesel.

About 6 months ago the engine fault light came up on the dash with the text message "Engine Fault" ,the car would not start, then after a few minutes it started but the light remained on. Drove the car home, next morning everything normal, Citroen garage plugged in diagnostics and found no fault codes had been recorded.

Yesterday and today its done the same thing, without the starting problem, the warning light has been on for four journeys, and now its gone out again.

During these episodes the car always drives normally, any ideas ?.

JimS

Bad earth to the ECU?

Reply to
Conor

I'll go and do a bit of swearing at the car then ;-)

Reply to
JimS