4ws warning light on 1990 Import Celica

Hi...

I have a 1990 imported Toyota Celica....

The 4WS warning light comes on, this is "4WS2 lit up in red on the right hand side of the clocks on the dash....

It comes on about 100yards down the road after I've started up.

Any advice...

Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Sorry, I do apologise for the pants typing.

the light is four red letters that just say "4WS"

Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Either a fault with the rear actuator, or one of the two rear wheel swivel position sensors.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

HI "Paul"

What about your pants counting, i make that 3 letters whichever calculator is use!.

Reply to
Steve Sweet

Yes, sorry... counting PANTS too..

What about the alternator on these? Easy to change? how easy to get hold of one?

Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Fiddly to change but any decent autoelectrician can rebuild them for way less than the price of a recon.

Reply to
Duncan Wood