52 mondeo

hey guys can u pls give me some advise , i just got a full engine rebuild got the car back n worked fine for two days then started to overheat ,but i was'nt loosing water or oil but when i put my fan on it brung the temp back down again both hot/cold air worked ,the heater on the car works fine but the fan is on 10-15min into driving and stays on

cheers guys

Reply to
gooly

Is the radiator fan working?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

=A0

sure is but it stays on all the time as soon as the engine comes upto heat n thanx for the rapid reply

Reply to
gooly

Either your radiators clogged or you've got an engine problem.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Take it back. There are lots of possibilities. At a guess the head gasket is leaking. Try it with the water cap loose, if it is Ok then it is very likely the head gasket is blowing into the water system, this causes gas locks and overheating. A gas test will confirm it.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

cheers buddy your a star

Reply to
gooly

took it back to the garage yesterday n they ran it n turned it over n had a look at it n said it was fine just an airlock .....driving through the streets fine trhe went onto the motorway not going over

3000rpm then it started to overheat again but the funny thing was wheni took my foot off the gas the temp came down so its only when there is presure on the engine .....any idea ?????
Reply to
gooly

same as before. Get them to do a gas test above the coolant.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

took it back to the garage yesterday n they ran it n turned it over n had a look at it n said it was fine just an airlock .....driving through the streets fine trhe went onto the motorway not going over

3000rpm then it started to overheat again but the funny thing was wheni took my foot off the gas the temp came down so its only when there is presure on the engine .....any idea ?????

Definately headgasket gone, OR the head is cracked- i would say the latter...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Take it back again. It might be the radiator but it sounds more like it's far too tight or the head gaskets gone.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Just run it until the engine explodes then set fire to the car outside their workshop. Or go and give them a bollocking before it does.

Reply to
Doki