7 seater car?

Current vehicle is a 206SW which is now 6 years old and has behaved impeccably.

Any recommendations for a 7 seater estate? Either petrol or diesel. Smallish engine and low road tax. Up to two years old.

Reply to
David Bowman

my choice would be a toyota verso diesel or a Defender If you want cheap then a Fiat Doblo family: 13k brand new. Ford S max would be a good solid choice too

review of some here:

Mrcheerful

For reasons I cant be bothered to get in to, I have just got a diesel VW Touran, 2 years old, 17000 miles on it. There is, IIRC, a petrol 1.4 turbo version. Not an estate car, but a nice compact people carrier. Probably shorter than a lot of estates. The only comparison I have is with a Mk1 Espace. Yeah, it is definitely better. I think the sun shines out of its arse, nothing wrong with it at all, and fine to drive. But like I say, I have no real comparison. Versatile and so many storage holes, I can only assume its meant for smuggling.

No that much to say really, it just does what its supposed to do and it does it pretty well. Not sure what others could do that would be much better. Equally, I'm not sure what they could do worse.

Anyway, I'm happy with it, so far.

Reply to
AC

Heh. A couple of years ago I helped drive one of those from the south of Spain over to east Bulgaria, via France, Italy and Greece. Bright luminious lime yellow ex-car-audio dealer show vehicle, it was a bit visible amongst some of the gloom, and we were a bit wary of the Bulgarian police....

Made it though. Two humans, two cats, no incidences other than cat poop....

Reply to
Adrian C

Likewise.

I bought a new Touran 2.0TDi (so not really a small engine!) in 2008, just clocked 90,000 with only a failure of 1 driveshaft gaiter to report at the recent first MOT. No other issues, still on original brakes all round, rear tyres last about

50k and fronts about 30k, but my motoring is mainly long distance. It asks for a service about every 19k.

I also upgraded from a 206SW 2.0HDi as the kids were growing up. Sold that to a colleague and it's now covered 165,000 without too many mishaps.

Reply to
Doctor D

Sounds pretty good. Cheers.

Tell you what though. Mine has something loose in the back that rolls around making a right racket. Its like there is a small nut in a largeish compartment and when I go round a corner hard, it rolls to the corresponding side. Sounds like metal on metal. Cant find where the bugger is at all.

It is definitely behind the 2nd row of seats. Not sure if it is in side or out side. I'm sure it's low, ie under the seats. Don't think its in the tail gate, since I gave it a vigorous up and down and I heard noting at all, although it does happen while doing left and right!!!

Any one got any ideas where to look?

Reply to
AC

Sounds like a Top Gear challenge!!!

Reply to
AC

When I collected my 206 new from the dealer, I had a metal on metal noise in the rear. It was the jack/wheel brace loose in it's cubby hole. Strapping it down more tightly solved the problem.

Reply to
Doctor D

Nah, its a small thing rolling around. I thing its in the space under the rear seats. Got the kids listening out for it today!!! So, In am beginning to narrow it down.

Reply to
AC

Just a thought. When I fitted the tow bar to my 206SW one of the clips pushed through into the chassis. I couldn't get it out so left it there and fitted another. I have never heard it rattle but it is in there.

Reply to
David Bowman

Nothing like that has occurred. No repairs etc. I think its kid related. Im fairly sure that if I do find the rattle, it will turn out to be a Pokemon or hair clip!!!

Reply to
AC