new car bands

The new car tax bands, they come in on 1 april next year don't they?

So it would be a good idea to buy a new 12 month tax starting on 31 march, even if you're isn't quite due?

I think my tax is due end of august so I might just buy a 6 month one then buy a 12 month one next year before april 1st.

John

Reply to
John

It's a fair plan. Wonder how many other people will suss they can cash the un-expired part of current tax disc and just get a new one for a years tax at last years rate?

WTF are they using bands at all? Are the tax men too stupid to do a simple sum £ x g/CO2? If they want to hammer the higher emissions £ x CO2². Clearly every maker will frig the vehicle to either get a lower band (take the air con off, put a high 6th on it) or tune to just hit the top of band.

I'm unaffected until they decide all cars over 7 years old and less than 36 year old tax exempt "classics" are taxable at punitive rates.

Reply to
Peter Hill