Just booked a test drive

I've just booked a test drive of the Discovery 3.

Having looked at it up close, it's not as bad as I thought it was.

It's worse.

The way my mind works on this is "Find the people who designed the Transit Connect, have them build some ungodly bastard offspring of the Transit Connect and the Range Rover and then feed it an ugly pill, followed by sandpapering it for a month and then finally clubbing it with a baseball bat"

The thing is hideous. It really is.

With a bit of luck the test drive will sell me on it, but I'm not sure why something like a Disco needs a 6 speed box or that crappy centre console. It's not too expensive thought - the 5 door diesel one is £22k with the 7 door diesel coming in at £24k. I'm not even going to look at the petrol.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

22k? Where did you get those prices from or is that +VAT and the 7 door version is news to me or should that read 7-seat!! I was told that the entry level 7 seater was a shade under 30k and wasn't available until 2005 anyway
Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS

I got those prices from the pricing handout thingy that the dealer gave me today. Even with VAT added to that price you're still looking at a driveaway price of £25k.

I'll scan the flyer and stick the scan up somewhere.

And that should have read "Seats" - not "Doors" -sorry.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Scanner's not working just now, but here's the OTR (with VAT) prices from the flyer:

TDV6 (5 seat) - £26,995 TDV6 (7 seat) - £28,995 Diesel S model - £31,995 Diesel SE model - £36,995 Diesel HSE model - £41,995 Petrol S Model - £37,995 Petrol SE model - £42,995 Petrol HSE model - £46,995

All of those include a years road tax, and registration fees.

So, not much more than the TD5 was at launch really, especially allowing for

5 years of (low) inflation in the meanwhile.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

The brochure says 'On the road price' for 5-seater is £26,995 and entry level 7-seater is £28,995. These figures include VAT, £165 Road Fund Licence and £38 Government Vehicle First Registration Fee

Reply to
nospam