A/C top-up kit result.

I have, a great big FO three phase unit from a restaurant, it is on now and the whole house is comfortable. This year has had particularly high levels of 'unpleasant heat, really humid and yucky. Without air con sleep must be very difficult in most homes at the moment in the UK

Reply to
Mrcheerful

yes, it is on my car at least, it reacts to sunlight levels, temp. levels and humidity levels in conjunction with ambient temp. monitoring, varying flaps, heat blend, delivery speed all on its own, on some cars it is multi zone (next year up for mine)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If there was no user input it would be bleedin' useless! You have to set the desired temperature on any heating/air conditioning unit to the comfort level you want.

In my car I just set the temperature required and the CC unit maintains it AUTOMATICALLY.

Reply to
Gordon H

Oddly enough we've worked out that you can run it both ways.

Duncan Wood

Looks like a heat pump to me. I have one here.

Reply to
The Peeler

And yet most UK homes don't have any. Over here it's a necessity.

Reply to
The Peeler

Precisely.

Excellent.

Congratulations.

Reply to
The Peeler

So you don't get to choose your 'comfort level'?

Reply to
The Peeler

year on year it has become more essential, it used to be (20 years ago) that some years it would not be needed at all (except as a heat pump) now it is needed from april through to october for cooling, especially at night. R22 has just been outlawed here (but I have a spare bottle and a half), so if it goes badly wrong it will need complete replacement in all probability, but I will replace it, I too regard it now as a necessity. It could be a good business to get into over here, but I have found people are very resistant at present to accepting it for their homes, the good old British: 'we can put up with anything' yet complain like mad about the heat!!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Phew, what a scorcher!"

Can't you get R22 online from the US? It won't be outlawed there until the year 2020.

Reply to
The Peeler

no, it is now illegal to import, we can still get reclaimed r22 but the price has risen from 40 pounds for 13 kg to 800 !! I am keeping my eye out for someone with some old stock to unload. even r12 turns up now and again. of course if I got to know someone from a US air base : they just bring it in on transport aircraft, makes a bit of a mockery of the ban.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Adrian formulated on Sunday :

Whether heating or cooling, the driver still has to intervene to adjust the controls frequently when there is only manual. Climate control handles it all perfectly, you only rarely need to alter it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You only need to set what temperature you desire and it does the rest for you, that so far as I am concerned is automatic.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield
[...]

Yep, three speed column change! It had an advantage over the main competition, the Ford Thames, in that it had synchro first.

The Thames was faster, but was several degrees worse in every other aspect.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

just like when you select 'drive' on an automatic gearbox.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Interesting off shoot. Other markets sometimes don't have remote locking / immobilisers.

Reply to
John
[...]

I'd be very surprised if many new cars were sold without an immobiliser; they've been a legal requirement in most countries for years.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan