About Spare Headlight Bulb Setss?

Both ALDI and LiDL are offering sets, Thursday/Monday respectively.

I can't remember when I replaced anything other than a brake light bulb, so I'm out of touch... Which of these sets would be suitable for a MK3 Mondeo, or are all H/L bulbs standard across models?

Please?

Reply to
Gordon H

wrong bulbs on mondeo certainly used to wreck the headlamps turning them yellow. I would buy the right ones from a ford dealer

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Get the headlamp bulbs from Ford. I've had no end of grief with poor patterns and the inability to aim the headlights properly with third party bulbs.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks for prompt reply, will do.

Reply to
Gordon H

Thanks for reply, will do. Due for MOT and rear sub-frame bushes noted at last test, so I'll pick a set up. Stay cheerful..

Reply to
Gordon H

That is more a result of Ford using a crap grade (non-UV stabilised) polycarbonate for the internal refractor. This is clearly seen on the Mondeos where the outer lens remains clear but the inner flat refractor yellows. Most quality halogen lamps are now produced in UV-blocking quartz so this is not an issue any more. Of course the lamps in question may not be made from this but to get the 'E' mark I think they now have to be. If Lidls still sell the Narva brand, they will be ok. Many manufacturers now use plastics in their headlamps and optics and some polymer materials do not like UV at all.

JB

Reply to
JB

Get polybushes for the rear subframe, not rubber ones or a replacement subframe. £50-odd off Ebay and they took the garage I took mine to 2hrs to fit. Total outlay £130 and they'll outlast the car.

Reply to
Conor

Aye, but you know what you're doing. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

I know but aren't physically capable anymore so paid a garage to fit them. It was the first set they'd done as they normally use rubber replacements. They were converted and said they'd fit the polys as they were no more expensive but didn't need the ramp tied up overnight whilst the glue dried.

Reply to
Conor

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

'course, they don't have to put up with the harshness of poly bushes.

Oh, yes - and as for "outlast" - a previous owner had replaced the front damper lower bushes on the 900 with poly. They were so knackered, the centre hole was almost completely through the bush to the damper itself.

Reply to
Adrian

I'll run the polybush idea past them, but the snag is you don't get to talk to the guy in overalls at main dealers. I managed to get into the workshop once when I expressed disbelief at a second coil spring breakage within 12 months. (Mondeo Mk2).

The mechanic looked quite indignant as he showed me the break. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

There are right places & wrong places to use poly. The only place I use them exclusively is on the front (nut) side of the tie-rods on my Minis

- with rubber on the other side. Poly both sides risks shearing the thread.

Reply to
asahartz