adjust back brakes

Chadwick Stone© (chad_stone@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

We got shot of all the loons we didn't want in that direction too.

Nicked a loaf of bread? South. God botherer? West.

There's a comedy on Radio 4 currently about the US War of Independence. One of the trailers includes the line :- "This war is all because we Americans don't want to be ruled by a mad idiot called George who only got the job because he's the son of another idiot called George"...

Reply to
Adrian

You could have just said "YES" and foregone the embarrassment of such an emotional knee-jerk reaction.

Reply to
Chadwick Stone©

LOL!

Reply to
DervMan

Who knows. You just didn't need to be so rude about it.

Reply to
DervMan

Your point being? Should we cough 'nam then? Made a right mess or that, didn't y'all?

But thanks for your help with the AIM-9L in our Falklands Island conflict.

Reply to
DervMan

That's horseshit. A lot of what happened was down to a fortunate series of occurances and the American support, like letting us access the Sidewinder AIM-9L.

As for technologically equal, what are you trying to pull here?

HMS Sheffield sure as hell wasn't good either. Caused because of our technological advantage too.

Unlike our proud little nation ranting "me too! me too!" eh?

You have a very short memory.

Reply to
DervMan

Chadwick Stone© (chad_stone@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I could. If it was true. Which it isn't. Sorry.

Reply to
Adrian

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

True. But I think we can chalk Iraq and Afghanistan up to the 'merkins. We're just there holding their handbags. Unfortunately.

Reply to
Adrian

In a war, alot.

At least we didn't sit on our arses waiting until we got attacked before we got stuck in.

Reply to
Conor

Yep. German Army never made it onto mainland Britain and the Luftwaffes' attempt at wiping out the RAF failed in 1940.

Not bad for a country with a fifth of the population of the USA with far more limited resources fighting not only in mainland Europe but in Africa, Asia, the Adreatic and Pacific theatres.

Fuck sake, you couldn't even manage to hold back a load of rice farmers in some grotty third world shithole.

Reply to
Conor

It was for most of the latter half of the 1960's. You still cou;dn't manage it.

So the USA is already one then?

Including your own troops.

Yes you did. And you got kicked out of Somalia too.

Reply to
Conor

Wow..they let us have a missile that we could have got an equivalent for from the French?

They were.

WTF you on about now?

Go on then, what have we lost?

Reply to
Conor

As opposed to the mother country which is rapidly turning into an Islamic Third World shithole?

Reply to
Art Deco

It was a retreat, not an "evacuation". There was no need to follow a retreating army back to its home country.

Are you proud of Dunkerque?

Reply to
Art Deco

It was done in time. That's all that matters.

Retreating is getting stuck in?

Reply to
Art Deco

Nothing to do with Dunkerque, thicko.

So where were these "resources" at Dunkerque, thicko?

I've already tried to explain the politics of that situation to you thicko. If it had been left to the military, the job would have been finished in no time at all.

As regards "grotty third world shitholes", yours is no better than any other.

Reply to
Art Deco

The politicians certainly did.

You bet.

Reply to
Art Deco

An overvalued currency is no indication of wealth.

Reply to
Art Deco

We're the police and you're the PCSOs. LOL

Reply to
Art Deco

Art Deco (art snipped-for-privacy@127.O.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nope, don't recognise the UK from that.